Every golf enthusiast definitely knows that having great golf shoes is an integral part of the game. These footing gears make a huge difference when it comes to swinging a great drive or a poor drive. Playing golf without proper golf shoes is like setting foot on the green without your putter. Truth is wearing proper golf apparel from head to foot creates an impact on how much you enjoy the game. The fact that there are varieties of golfer shoes out in the market makes it really challenging to choose what fits best.
Before getting a pair of shoes intended only for your golf games, there are a number of questions you have to ask yourself first.
How much golf do I play?
This is definitely the first thing that you should ask yourself. This is because an average golfer walks several miles on the golf course, which means that wearing shoes that provide support must be your top priority. While you may also consider economical shoes for this sport, it is recommended that the shoes you get give you both affordability and support. You must really invest in a pair of shoes that would not wear out easily. You surely don’t want to have the soles of your shoes detached while in the middle of your game, right? After all, there are branded shoes you can get for a fraction of a cost during clearance sales and promos.
Now, even if you are a beginner, it is not right to think that you can wear whatever type of shoes when playing golf. In fact, being a beginner, you must pay close attention to the proper apparel to wear because it certainly creates an impact on how much you will be loving golf in the first place. Wearing the right kind of shoes for this particular game provides better grip and balance when you swing. Because your feet get proper support and comfort, your stance is maintained all throughout the game.
Here are some tips to remember when you go shopping for golf shoes:
- Wear the same thickness of socks that you will wear during your golf sessions when you are in the store trying out some golfer shoes.
- Try on different shoes and different brands until you find a really comfortable pair.
- Make sure that your feet don’t glide or slide inside the shoes because chances of it getting sore during a 9-hole game are really high.
- Consider the kind of spikes you want your shoes to have. Nowadays, soft spikes or golfer shoes are more preferred than metal spikes as the latter have been banned because it could rip up the course and are observed bad for the golf carts and the golf club walkways in general. Great thing there is no evident difference between metal spikes and soft spikes, so you won’t have to worry about going for the soft spikes in lieu of the former.
- Only go for high quality shoes that you can afford. No matter how much you love a pricey branded pair of golfer shoes, you should not sacrifice your finances just to get it. There are cheaper yet high quality shoes for you without ripping your wallet off.
- As a beginner, you may also want to consider purchasing shoes online. Not only will this be convenient on your end, but you can also find slightly used ones at a really affordable price.
Purchasing high-quality yet affordable golf shoes can really be breezy. Everything you need to know about golf shoes, you can find answers online.